Completely overhauled Klingelnberg GW30 sharpening machine, managed by Siemens KP400 operator panel.
The longitudinal feed of the grinding wheel and the divider / helix are axes controlled by CN, the increase of the diamond dressing is electric (managed by PLC) and the advancement of the diamond dresser is hydraulic. The orientation of the wheel is manual with hydraulic locking / unlocking, the positioning on the bottom of the cutting edge is manual and the cutting edge is carried out with an electronic handwheel.
The sharpening cycle is extremely elementary, it reflects the operation of the fully mechanical machine and does not require any kind of knowledge in terms of NC programming:
- Enter the data of the hob on the operator panel
- The panel indicates the angle at which to place the grinding wheel
- The grinding wheel is brought to the oscillation limit switches and the position is acquired with a button
- The grinding wheel is positioned in the tooth depth
- It touches the cutting edge of the hob
- The sharpening cycle starts
The sharpening cycle is completely automatic and is divided into 3 phases: roughing, finishing and flash hiding. In each phase it is possible to set the total removal, the feed and the total number of passes (which can also be changed during the sharpening). The diamond dressing, the number of passes of the dresser and its increase are managed in the sharpening cycle.
It is possible to work “dry” or by using a blow of air with nebulized vegetable oil that helps the processing, and eventually the diamond dressing can be excluded for the use of CBN wheels.
- SLIDE SPEED: 12,7 mt/min
- RPM MAX. WHEEL: 3000 rpm
- N° HOB’S GROOVES: 1 – 99
- HOB’S MAX EXTERNAL DIAMETER: 300 mm
- HELICAL PITCH: from 120 mm to endless (straight hob)
- GROOVE’S MAX DEPT: 40 mm
- SLIDE’S STROKE: 500 mm
- WHEEL’S MAXIMUM DIAMETER: 250 mm
- INDEXING GEAR’S ATTACHMENT: MK4
TECHNICAL SHEET: Download PDF